12.3.06

Sunday 12 Mar 06

This packing is for the birds! i should have only brought disposable clothes, at the end donating them all to my mother's thrift shop. instead i bought some shirts at the thrift shop, and my sister gave me a big bag of shirts her son won't wear! (she says he is very picky and thinks he wears the same 5 shirts all week!) so i have my suitcase full--my computer goes in the suitcase--and have 2 big boxes of stuff to mail home! plus the box of playing cards gets sent back home, with additions, as i found playing cards here to buy, some being duplicates sold over the counter of decks i bought by mail and brought down here! plus my brother purchased my xmas present while he was down here in december, made me wait to open it until i came down, and left to me the responsibility of getting it home! and it is a huge thing, a coffee frother the size of a small blender for making lattes. it is pretty neat, but that bum should have delivered it to me last xmas!

fans of obsessive compulsive behavior should note that i am leaving, happily, about 3/4 of the sticky notes i sent down here! (they were not one-of-a-kinds, they were in fact ones i have plenty of, so i can abandon them with equanimity. really!) and if you wonder where i got my OCD, let me just mention one little item. my mother collects clown dolls and miniature cars...and she has rearranged them several times while i've been here!

i'm also putting off getting a shower because the later i get it before the 28-hour bus ride, the better. i find, tho, that it is sleep that makes me feel grimy, but i will certainly fall asleep on the bus, especially since i only got 4 hours last night.

No comments: