12.3.06

Saturday 11 Mar 06

All things must pass, and this vacation is coming to an end. :( I spent the morning organizing and packing. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go out to the ranch this visit. it is about an hour away, and my bro-in-law has been working out there all week and was too frazzled to take me out. (Originally the plan was to burn off some weeds there today, but the wind is too gusty to do that.)

I also didn't get to see my other niece this visit, because she is out in Arizona. Laura, i hope your trip goes well. i missed you.

In the afternoon, M&D and I met my sister for a movie, Eight Below, and dinner at Jensen Ale House. I thought the movie shamelessly manipulative, the dogs anthropomorphized too much. My sister thought that 2 happy minutes at the end don't make up for the 2 hours of sadness, and the dogs should never have been left behind in the first place. At the ale house i had fish 'n' chips, but they served a huge amount, and i brought about half of it home in a kitty bag, which i will leave to M&D to finish off, which is fine as they treated me to dinner. we had originally intended to go to the olive garden, but the wait for a table would have been about an hour!

The weather this vacation has been ok. rain only the first 2 days, strong wind gusts seemingly every other day chilling it down a bit. it's supposed to be 80° here when i board the bus home tomorrow...but i heard it was 60° back home today, which ain't too shabby.

back to packing in earnest now. i'm trying to put off packing my computer until the last minute, but i don't think i'll get in another blog entry before heading back home. no leaving shampoo behind this year!

No comments: