5.11.09

Monday 2 November 2009

[edit 11/15 554p] don't know why but loudtwitter failed to dump Monday's tweets to my blog. so i had to use a different twitter backup site, www.tweetake.com, to recover them. tweetake, tho, only exports to .csv files, and the time-date stamp it put on the tweets was UTC, Greenwich Mean Time, which meant i had to edit it in a spreadsheet, use tweets from 7p Sun to 7p Mon--a midnight to midnight Monday here by UTC time--and subtract 5 hours from the time of each tweet. took hours, and a real pain. i'm not sure how well i've recreated these. i have a suspicion that some of the times are wrong (and therefore in the wrong order), and some are missing completely, according to another source of tweet backups, www.tweetbackup.com, which i couldn't use originally because it wouldn't let me log in. and a third source (fourth if you count the tweet dump to this blog, and i do, i guess) is www.backupify.com, which only runs once a week for twitter.

  • 7:55    i'm up. mom goes bowling again this morning.
  • 8:33    it is so hot here in south florida, already 90! RT @FOX19Sara what a cold morning!
  • 8:47    i come by hoarding honestly: my mom is bowling w/a ball she bot 4 decades ago, & hasnt used for 3. she kept it all this time!
  • 9:17    happy birthday, youngster! RT @jennifurret It's my birthday, yay! 22 years old - man, I'm ancient ;P
  • 9:19    @christineromans candy is not Bad For You. sugar is not empty calories, it is full of joy!
i've chatted on twitter before with Christine Romans, a business reporter on CNN, about the "healthy lifestyle". when i disagreed with a story of hers, she asked for my references, and i buried her in them! she said she'd check them out, but i never heard any more about it.
  • 9:20    poor baby! RT @Taby74 Ok well, I am off to brush my teeth and try not to throw up, did I mention I still have a migraine...yeah...awesome...
  • 9:23     christineromans: @DyNama I know, I know...but the baby is only 18-months old so I am introducing him to Halloween slowly...
  • 9:41    @christineromans i knew ur boy was still a baby, i remember when u were on maternity leave. so how's he doing?
  • 9:43    @CoryFroomkin i'm IN south florida at the mo, and some rain would be most welcome!
  • 9:45    @KyeLani what on earth is vimto?
  • 9:57    I've got the beach bum look down cold! post.ly/BJTR
  • 9:59    @sciwo just like the "precious little" science behind the Healthy Lifestyle :(
  • 10:01    i'm one of those ppl who sneezes--twice--every time i go out in bright sunlight
  • 10:13    this bowling alley is goofing the score. Mom got 7 pins but it showed 8; she got 2 more & it gave her a spare, tho 1 pin was still standing!
  • 10:17    @jennifurret ur good grade on the exam will be a birthday present u gave urself!
  • 10:21    this lane is occasionally allowing 3 balls per frame, or setting the pins w/1 missing, &c
  • 10:25    @MzStarrBurst there's some ppl i'd lend money to if that'd make 'em go away
  • 10:29    Mom bowled a 144!
  • 11:03    Mom bowled 109, 144, 117, with an 87 handicap, not too bad
  • 11:04    while my mother was bowling, i read a book
  • 12:01    @Kunsthure nothing looks chewed on? [she was tweeting about a moth invasion]
  • 12:03    @Synthaetica Happy Birthday!
  • 12:08    saw a poster that said "i needed a friend and god sent me you". that's supposed to be sweet, but it feels wrong to me
  • 12:08    or any other meal! RT @SunDevil75 Once again, if you're gonna eat shit for breakfast, don't talk to me.
  • 12:12    @TheGodless kids eat cuz theyre growing. #endchildhoodobesity by recognizing our wonderful diversity in shapes and sizes
  • 12:14    @MzStarrBurst i hope ur teacher is on twitter and read that! [she was answering the question of whether she'd sleep with one of her teachers, and she said yes]
  • 12:21    "obesity crusaders" r saying we would rather sit than move & eat "unhealthy" food rather than "healthy". that strikes me as elitist
  • 13:30    "Even when...carefully monitored, the relationship between (food) intake and body weight is weak (Edholm et al, 1955)"
  • 13:35    @MzStarrBurst yay, i'm 1 of 1793! [she said she loves 1793 of her 1794 followers on twitter]
  • 13:35    @Jamberta it was very subtle? [she said she had been insulted a week ago and was just realizing that her feelings had been hurt]
  • 13:38    lol RT @mattincinci rt @expatina Christians start own version of Twitter http://tr.im/DVRI // Should name it Cwitter in honor of Sarah Palin
  • 13:37     MzStarrBurst: This is one of my faves. ---->@DyNama I don't know why. But his presence is comforting. Just thought I'd share that. And don't hate.
  • 13:43    thanx! RT @MzStarrBurst This is 1 of my faves. ->@DyNama I don't know why. his presence s comforting. Just tht I'd share that. And dont hate
  • 13:46    1st time i was on a jury, i asked for the "affirm" oath rather than the "swear" oath @Taby74 @VariantVal
  • 13:52    @VariantVal so many ppl told me ways to get out of jury duty, but i felt it was my duty [she said she enjoyed jury duty]
  • 13:57    omg! RT @stevewhitaker Only way I know 2 "outsmart flu" is sneak up behind it, stick a screwdriver into soft part of its skull, & wiggle it
  • 14:02    @katmandelstein i cant wait to have a twitter app implanted in my head!
  • 14:05    i should be so lucky! RT @Monicks @VeronikaG do you have any idea how honored any guy would be with a nice caring sweet stalker as you?
  • 14:10     VeronikaG: @DyNama HAHA, No your crazy.
  • 14:07    *wink* RT @MzStarrBurst Stop staring at me. I hate your stupid eyes. Jerk. [this was a general comment sent to the twitterverse; "RT" stands for retweet]
  • 14:13     Monicks: @DyNama Right Norm? Your see, Veronika? @VeronikaG I'm right! :)
  • 14:15    "...it is not clear that increased physical activity actually prevents or reverses age-related weight gain... (DiPietro, 1999)"
  • 14:36    @Monicks @VeronikaG i tend to like friend's exes better than their currents!
  • 14:41    whatever happened to @cherokee_autumn?
  • 15:07    going to M&D's church so they can count yesterday's receipts
in addition to the time change, and loudtwitter not dumping my tweets for today at midnight, my phone was acting up. i tried to tweet from M&D's church but it just wouldn't go. 4 hours later, at Ruby Tuesdays, it still wouldn't send. on the way home from the restaurant, my phone crashed and rebooted! i didn't really know cell phones could do that, tho i do admit my phone's operating system is by Microsoft.
  • 15:16     freckle_faced: RT @DyNama: whatever happened to @cherokee_autumn?//I have been wondering the same thing.  She is going thru a nasty divorce.
  • 15:18     Monicks: @DyNama  @VeronikaG I don't know why Norm, but that right there sounded reeeeeally good! Just sayin'.
  • 19:03    so anyway, we had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays after they counted yesterday's take @ their lutheran church
  • 19:04    my dad's first cousin's widower has called him, that's pretty rare
  • 19:18    @freckle_faced yet i read about 1 recall a few yrs ago that only 15% of the hamburger was ever returned. the rest was presumably eaten
  • 19:19    @OtherStarr is 60 tweets an hour, 1 per minute, enuf to send u to jail? [twitter "jail" is when your account is temporarily suspended because you send too many tweets; the solution is to have a second twitter account]
  • 19:27    was she really hot? RT @claudiajordan wow this MARRIED lady on TYRA show said she cheated on her hubby w/betw 100-150 men in a 6 mo period!
  • 19:30    good, u included me RT @Lilykily Yea, yeah, I dig my followers peeps. That means you, you, and the naked jerker in the corner. You too. [a general message to the twitterverse again. tweeters throw them out to see if anyone will respond. my best stuff usually doesn't get a response]
  • 19:37    "There is remarkably little evidence that (people) become fat because they overeat. (Frank, 1993)"

No comments: