10.5.11

More on missing items

There's a box for a new inhaler right next to my recliner. It is empty. Now I may be a hoarder but i do throw away my garbage. There is no label on the box so there is no reason to keep it. I know I didn't open it right before leaving home and not have time to throw it out by the simple fact that the inhaler i took with me was almost empty. For that reason, i also took a refill. I finished it off in Florida, so I opened the refill plus I bought a new refill in Florida from my mother, who has a prescription for the albuterol inhaler but doesn't use it. So I expected to come home to a refill with a fairly new inhaler and another refill, but I don't find another refill at home, just an empty box. Would someone going through my house open it and leave the empty behind? That's almost as bizarre as stealing shampoo.

Another mysterious thing is a little box crammed full of ballpoint pens, pens with pharmaceuticals ads on them that isn't where I remember it. I found some pens on the floor, in a bigger box than I remember, but being on the floor isn't strange in and of itself as I knocked over that box all the time. I would just pick them up and then I would put it right back, because that's where it belonged.

Maybe it's just my memory that's missing.

The door to my magazine room was open when I got home. My catsitter said it was open the whole time. That room is full of girlie magazines, perhaps 10,000, so i keep that door closed because i don't want the cats in there. The door sticks and i usually have to push against it with my shoulder to enter the room. So it being open is mysterious, and even my catsitter thought it unusual, he'd never seen it open before. But I look around the room and I can't detect anything missing. Everything looks about the way it's supposed to be. Now stealing girlie magazines makes more sense to me than stealing shampoo but I don't think any (or very many) were stolen. The only inventory of my magazines is in my head.

I talked to most my neighbors but none of them say they saw anything unusual. Several mentioned noticing my screen door flapping in the wind.

Note: I also had to edit the 3.5.11 post to get the pictures to show up.

No comments: