31.5.07

Wensday 30 May 2007

Sadness and despair! Today is my last full day in Port St. Lucie!

M&D and i started it out with their regular Wensday routine: Mom goes to her weight watchers meeting while Dad and i get a cup of coffee, then check out staples. we did go to m&d's bank for them to make a deposit and get some cash to pay me back for yesterday's boat trip. then we went to wal-mart, where i got a 1 gig sd card for my new camera, so now at it's lowest resolution it will hold 2,850 pictures! i really didn't want much storage capacity. my old camera has a 64 meg card and i leave pictures on it for years! but this 1 gig card was only $5 more than a 256 meg card, 1/4 the capacity. ah, well, if i ever use it to shoot video, it will hold more than the seconds that the onboard memory would hold.

then we deviated from their routine by stopping at a beall's outlet, a beall's full of all their clearance stuff, mostly clothes. i talk myself into a few polo shirts that seemed a bargain. normally m&d would eat lunch out, but we were planning to eat supper out so we went home for lunch, which included yet another bowl of homemade vegetable soup that mom makes, apparently by the gallon! after lunch, mom and i went shopping at big lots and a different beall's outlet; at big lots i found they had some super-sticky post it pads that i had almost bought a handful of when they were new at staple's several months ago! we get home and within minutes mom, dad, and i are headed for their church to count last weekends receipts. i just hang around reading: now i'm trying to finish the 3rd mrs. jeffries mystery before i have to leave town without the book. they take me to IHOP for supper, because i had said i had never been to one...and they let me pay, Mom coming up with the tip.

I watch medium with mom, then news and leno, before going to my room to try to finish this last mystery in ernest.

I did finish it, and still have time to finish up this blog.

No comments: